Job Description: Finance Manager
This role will have full oversight for the finances of a political election campaign, managing revenue and expenditure of a large budget. You will provide insight and analysis of the Campaign's financial position by developing reports which provide the core Campaign team with quality data and information. As the campaign grows, the role will likely have management responsibility for a small team. There will also be a requirement to ensure compliance with Electoral Commission rules on fundraising and campaign expenditure. The role will make broad strategic contributions, and requires both strong control of detail and the ability to anticipate challenges and shifts in activity. We are seeking a strong communicator, able to engage across the Campaign’s teams, and provide a responsive, fast-paced service.
- Establish and maintain finance procedures and bookkeeping processes
- Budgeting and revenue with direction from campaign management
- Prepare regular and ad hoc finance reports, management accounts, and cash flow statements
- Oversee petty cash and an expenses procedures
- Advise and lead on establishment of bank accounts as required
- Maintain auditable records or donations and expenditure
- Prepare accounts in line with statutory filing requirements
- Ensure value for money, probity, and efficiency in all campaign spend
- Communicate policies, procedures, and key information clearly and quickly to the campaign team
- Proactively keep senior campaign managers updated on financial risks and opportunities
- Contribute actively to strategic management discussions
- Advise on financial aspects of campaign recruitment, including potential tax, national insurance, pension, or other obligations
- Work with broader operations team to ensure smooth procurement and expenditure procedures.
- Experience: 3+ years of financial management experience, including the use of accounting software
- Qualification: professional accounting qualification
- Other desirable: political campaign, public sector, political party or NGO experience
Terms & Conditions
Based in our campaign HQ office in Central London, this is a full time role from 01 January 2020 until the 07 May 2020 London Mayoral Election date, with a competitive salary and benefits package. If this sounds like you, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 31 December 2019.