Job Description: Head of Digital
The Head of Digital will play a vital role in helping our campaign teams reach their goals by overseeing our digital infrastructure, volunteers in the digital team, and our wider IT requirements. You will also play a role in our social media, digital content creation, and analytics processes. We’re looking for a proactive team member able to grow and manage the digital team with a problem solving work ethic, team spirit, and commitment to the values of this campaign: respect, listening to others, diversity, and innovation.
● Developing strategies for email, SMS, social media and web content that effectively organise and mobilise campaign supporters
● Collaborating with the campaign’s field, data and political teams to develop and implement specific digital organising objectives and monitor progress towards goals
● Developing and implementing engagement and communication plans to engage, recruit and retain volunteers
● Writing copy for text messages, call scripts, and social media, and managing digital volunteer recruitment tools, including events and volunteer form pages
● Creating and delivering trainings on digital organising tools and tactics
● Growing and managing digital team and ensuring that a quality program is implemented across all digital channels
● Technical skillset that includes proficiency in Nationbuilder
● Experience of working on a campaign mobilising activists and supporters
● Data led mindset- a focus on using evidence based approaches and understanding of audiences to drive campaign actions (e.g. A/B and advertising message testing, supporter list segmentation and targeted canvassing)
● Willingness to serve as a resource to teams with good interpersonal skills and a commitment to quality work and outstanding service
● Quick, creative, entrepreneurial, and flexible, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and opportunities in a new fast-paced new endeavour
● Good judgment and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work independently, while acting as a leader and participant in complex collaborative processes
● Flexible work style and motivated by our campaign and to be part of a dynamic, evolving team and organisation Terms & Conditions
Based in our campaign HQ office in Central London, this is a full time role from 01 January 2020 until the 07 May 2020 London Mayoral Election date, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 31 December 2019.