Principal Aide to the Candidate
The Principal Aide to the Candidate will play a vital role in Rory Stewart’s independent campaign for Mayor of London. The Principal Aide will accompany the Candidate at all times and ensure the smooth running of all his engagements. This will include ensuring that all engagements and public interactions are properly prepared for and planned, including arrangements for briefing material, logistics, transport, accommodation, and personal requirements. The Principal Aide will be responsible for capturing all the relevant details, commitments, and outcomes from the Candidate’s meetings and interactions, and promptly recording and sharing these across the Campaign Teams, with clear actions and follow up identified. The Principal Aide will also ensure that the Candidate receives all messages and communication in an accurate and timely manner.
We’re looking for a highly talented candidate to fill this role. You will have exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail, and be a proactive and confident communicator. Operating at the heart of a dynamic political campaign, problem-solving, resilience, and energy are essential qualities. The capacity for independent self-organisation and drive are central to ensuring that the responsibilities of the role are consistently delivered to the highest standard. You will be able to work variable and often long hours, and have a commitment to the values of this campaign: respect, listening to others, diversity, and innovation.
Specific responsibilities include arranging, providing, and choreographing:
- Personal briefings, briefing papers, & speech materials
- Recording Rory’s comments/commitments/new contacts & ensure dissemination across the Campaign teams and follow-up
- Logistical instructions
- Interactions with public and interlocutors
- Communications (phones/video calls/etc)
- Food & drink requirements
- A self-starter with exceptional organisational skills and very strong attention to detail.
- A confident, proactive, and effective communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to quality work and outstanding service
- Quick, creative, entrepreneurial, and flexible, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and opportunities in a very fast-paced demanding environment.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, while acting as a key link to the rest of the campaign delivering complex collaborative processes
- Resilient and flexible work style able to operate with a variable, dynamic, and demanding schedule
- Motivated by our campaign and to be part of Rory’s vision.
- Experience of working in a similar capacity and/or in a political campaign/context is desirable but not essential.
Terms & Conditions
This full time role will be based in London, working alongside the Candidate from January 2020 until the 07 May 2020 London Mayoral Election date, with a salary commensurate with experience. If this sounds like you, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 31 December 2019.