Job Description: Regional Field Coordinator
Rory for London is looking to hire a number of regional field coordinators starting in January 2020. Regional field coordinators are the face of our campaign, contacting voters on the ground and recruiting volunteers.
You will be an integral member of our field campaign team. We’re looking for a proactive team member, who likes to engage with local communities, and shares our work ethic, team spirit, and commitment to the values of this campaign: respect, listening to others, inclusivity, and innovation.
- Recruit, train, and manage teams of volunteers.
- Identify and develop volunteer leaders to take on their own responsibilities, such as running canvassing events, phone banks, neighbourhood meetings, and other events in which we engage voters and local communities.
- Run the day-to-day operations of a campaign field office.
- Develop and manage relationships with community leaders.
- Contact voters and volunteers online as well as offline: incorporating digital field organising into the job.
- A people’s person. Excellent interpersonal skills for communicating with voters and volunteers.
- Goals-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask.
- Willing and able to learn and train others in our campaign technology including NationBuilder and SupporterBase.
- Happy to work irregular hours, including weekends, while overseeing your volunteer teams.
- Organised and self-motivated to run your own field office and manage the day-to-day operations within your region of London.
- Passionate about Rory’s campaign to be Mayor of London, and spreading this enthusiasm to your volunteer teams.
- Past campaign experience or experience working with volunteers is preferred but not required.
The post is based in a field office in London, which you would be running. This is a full time role from January 2020 until the 07 May 2020 London Mayoral Election date, with a competitive salary.
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31st.